Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sleeping babies

You know what I miss?

This.
My newborn sleeping face next to me when I wake up in the mornings.

When Beth was little and I was still a mum of one, I could stare at her all the time. Just tilt my head down, and there she'd be, all snuggled up next to me with her cherubic features.

Super cute.

Sometimes they'd give you a treat with a lil scrunch of their face or a crinkle in their nose, still in their state of slumber.

Super super cute.

We still co-sleep with Beth (and loving it) so logistically speaking, it gets squeezy to have both of them in bed with me. Beth sticks to me during her sleep, consciously or unconsciously. I've no room to move. Both children flank me on both sides when I bring Elijah to bed during night feeds.

I treasure moments like these when I get to wake up next to Elijah's cute sleeping face.

I wish we've a bigger room to put a bigger bed, something like 2 King size for our expanding brood.

No comments: