There, I've said it. It's what makes me uniquely Asian.
What I enjoyed the most about CNY since young is really family time and the effort to put up decorations. The reunion dinners, the late nights with my sis, the visiting to relative's house. The snacks and kuehs and fooood. I love it all.
I truly wish Mabel is still with us. We take our sisterly CNY annual shots and that is what's gonna make me sad this year. Last year, she was sick and didn't attend visiting and that's how we missed out on one year, not knowing it'd be her last. I still can't get over this fact.
My in-laws invited my parents for reunion dinner this year because of the circumstances; my sister is no longer around, Alina my SIL will be at her husband's side starting from this year. I was so touched and pleased with how everything turned out.
FIL's cooking was superb. It was very enjoyable eating together with both parents.
I was so proud of my mum for having no qualms mentioning my sis in casual conversations. This is what I advocate for not only as a coping mechanism to help us move on but also to keep her memories alive and not forgotten. She's doing it naturally on her own. Well done, Mummy! :)
Loved every dish! Very yummy, satisfying and delightful! I prefer this home cooked style to steamboat. My sis loves steamboat, especially fish. My mum joked she'd buy a lot of fish for steamboat and my sis would clear it no matter how much she bought.
I really miss my sis. Even so, I do still look forward to visiting all our relatives later on. CNY really do make me happy and I'm glad it does :)







No comments:
Post a Comment