Monday, January 01, 2024

New year, NIL photos

Ha! Let me explain. It's rare I don't whip out my camera to capture an act or two for posterity's sake. But we had so much fun today I really didn't see the need to get a shot in; we are already making core memories.


We also found out Elijah have ADHD, and it's been super interesting to observe signs and symptoms, something I've always wondered about since he was two years old and he's turning 4.5yo this January. 


It does get tiring and overwhelming sometimes but I totally get why I got chosen to be his mama - I'm his biggest advocate! 


As he grew, it got easier to care for him due to linguistics, comprehension and executive skills improvement, making it easier to understand him, and getting him to cooperate and even help out.


I temporarily took him out of swim class recently due to his bad nasal sinusitis, a major double whammy on top of his ADHD. In future, I will also explore high energy classes he will enjoy. Finding something he is good at and turning that into his superpower is one of the strategies in the toolbox. 


He's super strong, very solidly build for a young kid, very flexible, agile and into high impact, energetic movements. You know what I'm thinking? Dancing! From a young age, he gravitates towards upbeat music, he's really bendy and uses full range of motion to express himself. We'll see if I read him correctly later on. 


Bethany is starting her Primary One journey and I've no qualms she will thrive with her natural enthusiasm and zest for new challenges. She fared very well socio-emotionally in her last two schools, also Sunday School. She's going to be an extrovert like her mum, navigating school life tactfully. I thank god for a prodigious first born.


She's my pride, she's got my strong social genes. He's my joy, one cheeky pout or liner and nobody can bear being upset at him. I'm so privileged to be their mummy. 

 

New year, NIL photos and new transition. Big year for the Wan-Tans. I won't bother concealing the hint of excitement in my tone, because the optimist in me can't wait to see 2024 unfold.


Blessed new year from my family to yours 🎈



No comments: