Sunday, May 08, 2022

Mother's Day: Bittersweet

Not many knew this about Mabel. Just a few months before she died, she was planning to be a mother after getting married. She was engaged, her house was coming. She was very interested in what breastfeeding entails having watched me up close and personal. It pained me to say this next but... She was very very excited regarding her up and coming new life. I was very happy for her.


Every Mother's Day, I keep feeling something is coming up short and today I realised I am still traumatised over her premature death. 


Mabel wanted to be a mother. She was ready. She had experience with mine and her friend's children. It was the first time she had openly discussed motherhood with me. It is hard to accept she is gone, her hopes and dreams dashed. Along with my heart.





No comments: