Monday, May 19, 2014

On my pensive pillow

With a temperature taking over the body, it's another restless (or timely) night to pen the random fog of thoughts in my fever brain. 

I had an interesting tanning session at the beach with my favourite twins the other day. It rendered me peeling and sunburnt with itchy raw skin. During the session, I really spoke my mind about the ongoing mayhem in my life (nothing related to my wonderful boyfriend, abundant friendship, or awesome family). It set me thinking if I should dabble in stuff I enjoy instead of what I should be doing as a grown up who've bills to pay and people to impress. 

I'm 30 and sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm not out to please everyone but to embrace being myself and to chase after small dreams. 

One thing on my mind - how much does it take to drive one out of his/her comfort zone? What about killing that nice little tight circle one've built to fall back on?

Undeniably, comfort zone = progress killer. 

I enjoy pushing boundaries from time to time (not even the lofty or attention grabbing kind) and totally comfortable with being an unpopular rebel, non-conforming and unconventional. A kind of confidence I've grown into since my 20s. For that, I give thanks to my family background and upbringing. Without those precious growing up years, I would be way more sheltered and inherently complacent than I intend to be. 

So no, none of that people-pleasing work already. 

What actually brought me to this round up is the gradual lack of challenges. 

Time to rev the engines. I'm bored stiff. 

No comments: