Monday, December 05, 2022

The tree is up


Excitement has never felt so liberating.


I've resisted celebrations since Mabel left us in 2018. Just wasn't in the mood and I missed her terribly. Bethany and Elijah were still young and didn't know better than to pluck and throw my trinkets, presumably.


November inched closer when I placed an order for a tree online and got around to setting up our first Christmas tree by mid November, with Bethany's enthusiastic help. She picked the tree, height, colour and all. Only green trees, she mustered with every ounce of a 5yo wisdom, "because trees are green, not white".


When the tree was up, I wanted to throw open the windows to sing and praise the Lord, that's how much joy I felt. Christ-mas is about Jesus Christ and He's been very good to me.


Can we just take a minute to honour this moment in my grieving journey, it's been rough and I've come through with a renewed mind. 


My sister has the most giving and generous spirit, and I'm not saying it posthumously, it's just who she was growing up. I've learnt so much from her.


Counting down to Christmas with a new sense of purpose xx



 

No comments: