Thursday, March 03, 2016

My cute ah ma

Had a non restive night's sleep. And I dreamt of my gramps. It was as vivid as daylight now that I think of it and I wanna record it for my benefit. 

We were conversing in Cantonese, our usual form of communication. She was sulking about not being able to find her hair bun clip (she wears a trademark bun because she was a Ma Jie previously and has shu qi since, she's also our foster grandma, having adopted my mum since she was a toddler). So I helped her look for it and I found it. 

She was still sulking adorably as she did her hair and grumbled about the wrong clip. She deliberately messed up her hair (dreams are always weird) and I helped her arrange it nicely. We talked. I was speaking fluent Cantonese as if I had been speaking it for ages. Truth is, ever since her passing more than 10 years ago, I hardly spoke the language. I miss her so much it hurts sometimes. 

And this is the few times she has appeared in my dream. I'm so happy I don't think I can forget a single detail of our exchange. 

It was a very beautiful dream and I remember every look, smile and lines on her face still. 

I miss you ah ma. Hope to see you one day in heaven. 

No comments: