At Ericia's insistence, I took pictures of my new mane at 5ish AM. She advised that the shape will change after I wake up, so I took heed of her sound advice at once. We're terrible women with overturned biological clock.
This hair job was quite a different experience from the very first one I did about 6 years back. I was freshly 18. It was a lot painful then because of the tugging (the hairstylist was a pro jo and was dead adamant about it - the painful tugging), and much more expensive as a result of the previous longer length.
It also brought back some less-than-happy memories of the past while I was at it. I don't think what I had then was true love. The last relationship I had felt kinda fake to me now that I traced my thoughts backwards. There's nothing in me that's left to regret (I was happy the way things were, just not the way it turned out) except that I could have lessened the hurt altitude by bolting out earlier. Words that never meant more than just...words. It somehow affected me a little but at the end of the day, I know I'm going to be a-okay. Judging from personal experience, bad moods usually don't last long. =)
Had a jolly tanning sesh with Ericia, Zoe and Daph the day before. Not forgetting Alvin Sung too, who text-ed me at the precise day when I was heading down to the beach for a tan. The weather was great except for a lil mid day rain. Met quite a bit of people there.
BX caught me by surprise. He called out to me just when I was tearing myself away from the beach towel I was lazing on, to stand up and dust sand off. I was quite happy to see him.
When I was at Del Mar, I saw Fiona Chuang or Meijun as she was known back in high school. Surprisingly, she's in the same school and taking the same course as BX!
Saw a few council mates there too. And some familiar faces here and there.
My dear girl had it worse. She missed class cos she was too tired to attend. Dragged her tired soul to the beach. Saw someone from the past she prolly never really wanted to see anyway. Affected her a bit. Her food arrived over an hour late. Her stomach was growling from hunger. We took turns asking the wait staff to hurry with the food. Alvin personally went to remind them. Poor girl could have fainted from hunger. Tore open a bag of Calbee Spicy chips (Ericia's fave) previously bought by Alvin before he joined us girls. All in all, I was deeply impressed by the girl's resilience in fronting a brave demeanor. RESPECT woman. =) I know you felt lousy (not just from hunger, but from the "spoiler" of the day) but I hope the pretty pictures from Zoe's camera will be able to cheer you up. Not that I have them now but I'm pretty sure the photos will turn out great looking at the people we have with us that day.
Photos from Ericia's camera.
Ericia & Zoe.

Pretty Girls In Bands

Daph & Zoe.




No comments:
Post a Comment